In this lesson, Danny Silk explains the complex system of connections involved in communication interactions.
The need to communicate with our fellow human beings is necessary, unless of course, you’re a hermit. But good communication can be tricky. Communicating well involves understanding the fundamental skills of effective communication and some practice. Research evidence indicates strong correlation between a healthcare provider’s communication skills and a patient’s capacity to follow through with medical recommendations, self-manage a chronic medical condition, and adopt preventive health behaviors. Additionally, effective communication in healthcare and human services settings increases patient satisfaction, patient safety, team satisfaction and lowers malpractice risk. In this course, Danny Silk, MSW will teach you how to be an effective communicator and encourage you to think of communication as more than an attempt to be right or in control. When we seek to understand, we change the dynamic from fear and anxiety to connection and unity.
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Understand that Communication is a system of connections that can have many pitfalls
- Recognize that Communication styles can either increase or decrease anxiety
- Be able to list the 4 types of Communication Styles
- Understand and value the use of “I” messages as an important component of communication
About Your Instructor:
Danny Silk, MSW is a teacher, speaker, counselor, and author. His passion in life is to help individuals, families, and companies develop healthy interpersonal connections.
- CA Board of Registered Nursing: CA Provider # CEP 15849
- District of Columbia Board of Nursing: CE Provider #50-14108
- California Board of Vocational Nursing Provider # V10810
- Psychiatric Technicians Provider # V10806
Communication styles drive anxiety either up or down. The goal of communication should be to decrease anxiety to maximize effective communication. In this lesson, Danny Silk will explore the 4…
This lesson explores the 5 levels of Communication.
This lesson explores how utilizing “I” messages is not only effective in communication and but also a powerful way to build trust and develop a sense of unity, team, and…